One of our activities in our Lockdown Activity Book is understanding fractions with pizza! It’s always fun to make homemade pizza, especially in places where food delivery services have been suspended due to Covid-19 and nationwide lockdowns. If you weren’t lucky enough to buy pre-made pizza dough before the lockdown, we’re happy to share our very own lockdown recipe for chewy, crunchy homemade pizza dough
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 cup warm water
- 1tbsp yeast
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
How to make it:
1. In a bowl, add 1 cup warm water, yeast and sugar, leave for 5minutes to 10minutes
2. In a separate bowl, add the 3 cups flour, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 teaspoon dried basil
3. Slowly add and mix the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Add olive oil. The dough will be a bit sticky.
4. On a floured surface, knead the dough for 5 to 10mins or until elastic. Form the dough into a ball, put olive oil.
5. Line a bowl with grease, add the dough and cover for 1 hour.
6. Once the dough has risen, softly punch the middle to let the air pockets out.
7. Move the dough to the floured surface, roll to desired size, and shape into a pizza stone.
9. Make sure oven is preheated and bake pizza for 15mins at 350 to 400 degree fahrenheit or 165 to 200 degree celcius.
10. Add fresh basil, and Enjoy!
Your pizza dough should look like this:
The kids enjoyed assembling their own pizza: