So you bought bananas and they’re starting to turn brown and spotty? The best use for this is to make banana bread. Kids love this and it keeps well in the fridge. Let’s get started!
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 to 4 pieces of crushed bananas
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large beaten egg
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- slivers of macadamia nuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven for about 15 minutes.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs, crushed bananas and vanilla to the mix.
- Mix your dry ingredients together. Sift the folur, add baking soda and salt. Add this to your other ingredients. Mix until everything is combined but do not overmix (I usually do this by hand).
- Add your optional ingredients (nuts, chocolate chips, you can also do raisins if you want).
- Grease a loaf pan. Spread the melted butter on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the 2 teaspoons of brown sugar on it.
- Pour your batter into the loaf pan. Cover with aluminum foil so it bakes evenly.
- Bake at 180 degrees C (or 350 degrees F) for about 50 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, remove the foil.
- To check if it is cooked through, do the toothpick test. If no crumbs cling to the toothpick when you insert it in the middle, that means it is already done.