We discovered honey butter buns a while back as a side order to one of our favourite chicken restaurants in Auckland. We’ve recreated it here using a few ingredients from our pantry. Kids really love this one so definitely worth trying if you’re into baking.
What you’ll need:
- 1 /4 cup soft or melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp yeast (instant or active dry)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 3 1/2 cups All-purpose flour or Bread Flour
How to make it:
- Melt butter in a saucepan. When the butter is mostly melted, stir in the milk. Heat to warm.
- When milk/butter mixture is at temperature, add to yeast, egg and honey mixture (this mixture has to bubble first)
- Add 2 cups of flour and continue adding flour a little at a time until it forms a sticky dough. You may not need to add all of the flour.
- Shape the dough into 12 rolls. Cover and let the dough rise for 30 to 45 minutes in a warm place.
- Uncover and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Brush the baked rolls with melted butter and honey mixture.