An easy baking recipe for kids and adults (or one to do together) is chocolate chip cookies. Here’s our version. Hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp hot water
- a pinch of salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- walnuts (optional)
How to make it:
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees (or 350 degrees F)
- Mix the brown and white sugar with butter. I prefer to have my butter melted (by popping it in the microwave for about 45 secs), but if you’re working with softened butter, that’s okay too.
- Drop in the vanilla. Beat in the egg. Add the baking soda dissolved in hot water.
- Add your dry ingredients (flour and salt) to your wet ingredients.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts. Chill for 30 minutes to an hour before baking.
- Line your cookie sheet with a baking sheet and drop in by large spoonfuls with at least an inch of space between each drop. This recipe makes about 12 pieces.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes until the edges are brown.