Here’s another easy snack / breakfast idea for kids in lockdown. French toast gives your morning toast a sweet twist.
Here’s what you need to make it:
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 thick slices of bread
- powdered sugar / icing sugar (optional)
- maple syrup (optional)
How to make it:
- Beat your egg with the milk and vanilla (about 1/4 teaspoon)
2. Add in about a pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg and 1 teaspoon of brown sugar. Use a whisk to mix this in.
3. Dip your bread slices in the mixture until it is fully coated.
4. Melt butter in a pan and fry your French toast until it is golden brown on each side.
5. Dust with icing sugar or serve with maple syrup (optional)