Coconut macaroons are a sweet cupcake-like dessert made with desiccated coconut. Not to be mistaken with the French macaron, the macaroon is a super easy recipe that kids can do with little supervision.
Here’s what you need:
How to make it:
- Cream sugar and butter together.
- Add vanilla and condensed milk (I used about half of the 400gram can).
- Beat the eggs. Add slowly and fold it into the mix.
- Add dessicated coconut. It should be about 200 grams but you can use more or less. I just keep adding until all the liquid is absorbed and I get a sticky texture.
- Fill small cupcake moulds lined with paper cups about 3/4 full (do not overfill). If you do not have paper cups available, you can use a silicone mould and just butter each mould before putting the mixture in.
- Bake in a 180 degrees C preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until tops turn golden brown.