Here’s a nice and easy recipe with delicious results. Focaccia is a type of soft bread that’s perfect for dipping in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Here’s the recipe for you to try:
- 4.5 cups bread flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp rock salt
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
How to make it:
1. In a large bowl or big pot put the breadflour and 1tbsp active dry yeast and sugar. Mix well. Create a well inside the dry ingredients.
2. Dilute the salt in 2 cups warm water (microwave water first for 30seconds before adding salt)
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients slowly and mix. The mixture will be sticky.
4. Cover in a warm dry place for 1 hour.
5. Once risen, knead or mix in the pot for 2 to 5mins or until elastic, it should still be sticky.
6. Prepare the olive oil mixture. Chop garlic about 7 to 8 cloves, rosemary and olive oil. Cook in LOW heat until garlic starts to bubble. Do not brown garlic. Add a little bit of salt.
7. In a shallow pan, add 2 tbsp olive oil mixture to coat the bottom of the pan. Put the dough in and punch little holes in the dough. Drizzle the rest of the olive oil on top and spread on top evenly.
8. Rest for another 30mins to 1 hour covered until double in size.
9. Bake for 250C for 15min to 18mins, drizzle more olive oil on top before serving.